We are committed to protecting your privacy online. Our policy explains how we will do this.
Why do we collect personal data?
(i) To manage the maintenance of the relationship (membership, attendance at events, volunteer, speaker, supplier, etc) established with Speak Up Network
(ii) To perform the management, administration, provision, expansion and improvement of the content, information and services offered by Speak Up Network including articles, webinars, member directories, job forum, etc and
(iii) To deliver the relevant content via newsletter / email / social media / website / events as appropriate.
How do we use member information?
We use the member information to help us understand more about what our members want and to deliver better services. We also use the information to understand how our web site is used, to improve our site, and to send you information about us and our events or activities which we think may be of interest to you, electronically or otherwise.
What information do we collect on members?
· Name, contact details, employment history, social media links, events attended, payments made, and other personal information.
· Members can access and amend their own information online.
· From time to time we will ask you for further information
How do we use non-member information?
We use the information to help us understand more about how our web site is used, to improve our site, and to send you information about us and our events or activities which we think may be of interest to you, electronically or otherwise.
In the case of our online publications available through subscription, your personal information may be used to enable us to verify you are a subscriber and to deliver the online publication to you. After subscription, you will receive electronic mail from us about our events, activities and publications, unless you have informed us that you no longer wish to receive further information.
What information do we collect on non-members?
· We collect email addresses.
· Registration: on some parts of the site we ask you to register, and if you do, we ask for your name, email address, organisation, job title, and telephone number. We may also keep details of events attended and payments made. If you sign up to our newsletter, your details will be kept until you unsubscribe.
· You can access and amend your own contact details online.
· From time to time we will ask you for further information.
What information do we collect at events?
· We take photographs at our events to be used "inter alia" (amongst other things) on social media or in brochures or the annual report.
· By attending, you authorize Speak Up Network to use your image freely and worldwide in relation to the events in which Speak Up Network participates. You can, however, revoke this consent at any time, although we would ask that you please do so before the events take place.
· We may also record events with a speaker, including questions from the audience. Again, please let us know in advance of the event if you wish to withhold your consent to inclusion in any recording.
When do we share information?
We do not sell or give away your personal information to others. We do not share your information with our associated partners or sponsors.
A number of other people's web sites have links on our site. If you link to their sites, they may collect information. Such sites are not within our control and are not covered by this privacy statement.
If we believe that your use of the site is unlawful or damaging to others, we reserve the right to disclose the information we have obtained through the site about you to the extent that it is reasonably necessary in our opinion to prevent, remedy or take action in relation to such conduct.
Third party suppliers
Speak Up Network has employed third party IT supplier Wild Apricot to provide our website and store data and Gmail to provide emails and document storage; they have agreed to follow the relevant security levels to prevent the alteration, loss, processing, theft or unauthorized access to the data. Some of these third parties may transfer your personal data outside the EU: Wild Apricot uses Amazon Cloud Services, which is a signatory to the EU-US Privacy Shield. See Wild Apricot website and Gmail for more details.
We may also share your data with our accountant, auditor, lawyer, insurer, in order to comply with our obligations as an assembly.
You can exercise your rights of access, correction and cancellation of your personal data under the terms provided by law. These rights may be exercised by logging in to the website to amend your online profile, or in writing by email to the contact details below.
This version is dated 25 July 2019. If you have any questions specifically about Privacy, please contact us
Looking for more? Search for it here.